Why Study MCA Abroad?
Some of the advantages of studying computer science abroad are mentioned below:
- A Computer Science degree from a foreign college or university will add a lot of value to one’s academic career.
- According to the Global R&D Funding Forecast 2019, the USA is going to invest around 2 Trillion USD by 2020 for the research purposes on computer application, software and robotics.
- In Germany and UK at least 5 Universities rank in top 100 Universities offering MS in Computer Science and that number is 50 for the USA
- The average salary in Europe is around 11500 Euros after completing computer science which converts to around INR 10,00,000
- There is a 4% growth in salaries related to computer science across Europe from 2016-2019.
- Computer graduates in the US earn an average pay of 85,000 USD/Year according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- As projected by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, new job positions in the field of computer science and technology is going to increase by 16% by the year 2028.
- States like New York, California, Michigan and Massachusetts have high demand for computer graduates with an average yearly pay of more than 95,000 USD.
Alert: MIT Admissions has been postponed because of Covid 19 outbreak.
MCA Top Colleges
Top Colleges in the world according to TIMES World University Rankings 2020 including the college name, the country they are situated in and the tuition fees required are mentioned below:
|TIMES World University Rankings 2020||College Name||Country||Fees(INR)|
|1||University of Oxford||England||24,30,000 – 34,00,000|
|3||ETH Zurich||Switzerland||1,00,000 – 1,23,500|
|5||University of Cambridge||United Kingdom||25,67,400|
MCA Abroad Admission Process
The step that must be followed if a person want to study Computer Science Abroad are mentioned below:
- Select particular country where you want to study
- Complete the Language Tests like IELTS, TOEFL or any other Language Proficiency Test that your desired country wants to give.
- Make sure you have good grades in your College Scores
- Apply for admission in the college and wait for the college to get back to you
- Apply for Student Visa
- Work on Scholarships if you are eligible in any
- Pack your bags when the college selects you.
MCA Abroad Eligibility
Different countries have different Eligibility Criteria for International Students. Some of the basic Eligibility criteria common for almost all countries are mentioned below:
- A good GRE/GATE score
- A good score in Language proficiency tests like TOEFL, IELTS and others.
- High percentage in Undergraduate Examination.
- Approved working papers
MCA Abroad Documents Required
Some of the documents that are required for admission in foreign college or university are mentioned below:
- Bachelor’s & Master’s transcripts.
- 2-3 letters of recommendation from the previous qualification.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores.
- Work experience, if any, along with letters of recommendation.
- You will need an updated resume, SOP, and research proposal.
- Financial proofs are mandatory.
- Valid ID Proofs, Passport & passport-sized photographs.
- You will have to provide proof that you are an international student.
MCA Abroad Cost of Study
Some of the common expenses that all international students must pay in order to fulfill their quest for a foreign degree are mentioned below:APPLY NOWCHECK ELIGIBILITYGET UPDATES
|Type of Expense||Price (INR)|
|Visa Application Cost||6,347 – 38,500|
|IELTS Fees||14,000 – 18,000|
|TOEFL Fees||12,000 – 19,000|
|GRE Fees||14,350 – 17,300|
|Travel Costs||37800 – 1,05,000|
MCA Study Abroad Funding
The costs of studying abroad are quite high and outside the mean of ordinary Indian Citizens. But many scholarship programs are available in different countries. All colleges abroads in Europe and the US have Scholarship programs of their own. There are also countries which provide scholarships for different students. Some of the most popular Scholarships in different countries are mentioned below:
|Rotary Foundation Graduate Scholarship Program||30,000 USD|
|National Overseas Scholarship||Covers tuition fees, medical insurance, travel expenses and other miscellaneous expenses|
|TUM Scholarship for International Women||500-15000 Euro|
|Thomas WeilandFoundation Scholarship||500 Euro per month|
|Douglas International Students Performance-Based tuition grant||CAD $7000|
|Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) – for mid-career professionals||CAD $10,000|
|Rhodes Scholarship||15900 Pound|