MBBS in Italy: Quick Highlights 2021
Below is the quick highlights for studying MBBS in Italy:
|Month of Admission||August-September|
|Minimum Qualifying % Criteria||50% in 12th|
|Age||17 to 25 years|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|Course Duration||6 Years|
Water (%): 2.4
|Climate||Seasonal and Mediterranean climate|
|Religion||75% Catholic Church
3% of others
Why Study MBBS in Italy?
Studying medicine in Italy is worthy and not too expensive:
- No donation fees.
- A wide range of opportunities and clinical exposure is provided in multispecialty hospitals.
- Affordable fee structure.
- MBBS in Italy are approved by elite bodies like WHO and NMC.
- Students will get a chance to practice medicine in Government hospitals.
- MBBS courses in Italy taught in the English language.
Top Medical Universities in Italy: Fees Structure(2021-22)
The MBBS fee structure of medical universities in Italy is given below:
|Name of the universities||Fees in INR||NMC Status|
|Humanitas University, Milan, Italy||INR 4-6 lakhs||Approved|
|Università Di Firenze||INR 4-6 lakhs||Approved|
|University of Pisa||INR 3-5 lakhs||Approved|
|University of Studies, Udine||INR 6-8 lakhs||Approved|
|University of Turin, Turin, TO||INR 4-6 lakhs||Approved|
Eligibility Criteria: Applying For MBBS Course
Following are the admission prerequisites for applying MBBS in Italy:
- The applicant’s age should be 17 years.
- Applicants must be 12th passed from the recognized institutes undertaking the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- The applicant must clear the NEET entrance exam.
MBBS in Italy (2021-22): Admission Procedure
The MBBS admission process for Italian universities is simple and direct. Following are the basic steps for applying MBBS in Italy:
Step 1: Fill the application form on the university website.
Step 2: Submit the original documents & apply for the required course.
Step 3: Wait for the application review process.
Step 4: Get the offer letter from the respected institute & take a printout of it.
Step 5: Pay the application processing fees.
Step 6: After confirmation of admission in the MBBS course, apply for the student visa.
Step 7: Inform your date of arrival to the university.
Documents Required: Applying for MBBS in Italy
Refer the below documents checklists for applying the MBBS in Italy:
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size photographs
- Copy of invitation letter
- COVID test reports
- Copy of passport
- Statement of Purpose (legalized by the governing body)
- Bank Receipt
Note: All the documents should be authorized by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
Course Duration of MBBS in Italy
The MBBS course duration in Italy is 6 years. The details about the MBBS course durations are discussed below:
- MBBS in Italy lasts for a duration of 6 years. The courses taught in the English language.
- During the course of the study, students are subjected to an advanced training program as conducted by the Medical universities of Italy.
MBBS in Italy: Course Syllabus
Following is the MBBS syllabus for studying medicine in Italy:
|1st Year||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd Year||Histology, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology|
|3rd Year||Microbiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Path Physiology|
|Clinical Subjects and Clinical Posting|
|4th - 6th Year||nternal Medicine, Oncology, Neurology, Psychology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, gynecology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, Cardiology|
Exams Required For Studying MBBS in Italy
For admission to medical universities in Italy, students should have to pass some tests to become eligible for courses:
The test may be GMAT, GRE, SAT or the English language proficiency test like TOEFL, IELTS etc.
Student Visa: Applying for MBBS in Italy
Students from European countries having European citizenship are eligible to apply for an MBBS degree without applying for a Visa:
Non-EU students must obtain student visa Italy for applying for the MBBS course.
Types of Visa
Short term visa for a period not more than 90 days
Visa Type D
Long term visa for a period of more than 90 days
Documents Required: Applying for Student Visa
Refer to the below documents required applying for student visa Italy:
- Copy of Xth, XIIth mark sheets ( Attested by the legalized body)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency Test (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Statement of Purpose
- Application fees
- Passport-size photographs
- Copy of invitation letter
Italy has a standard educational system equivalent to US education:
- Italian Medical colleges are renowned colleges in the world.
- Medical universities in Italy enhance the self-thinking and practical abilities of students.
- Pre-education examinations are held to get better results in medical examinations.
- The academic year consists of two semesters, the first semesters start in the month of September/October & the second semester starts in the month of February and ends in July.
- Every academic semester spends 20 weeks for the MBBS course with a 6 weeks examination period.
Accreditation & Recognition
Medical colleges in Italy are recognized by a number of governing bodies:
- National Medical Commission
- Ministry of Education, Italy
- World Health Organization
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- World Federation For Medical Education
Cost of Living
Following is the cost of living in Italy:
|Particulars||Cost in INR||Cost in USD|
|Accommodation||60,000 to 70,000||857 - 1000|
|Food||10,000 to 20,000||142 - 285|
|Transport||2000 to 3000||28 - 42|
Note: 1$ = Rs. 70
Italy is a country located in Southwestern Europe, on the Apennine Peninsula. The country is surrounded by Islands stretching southwards to the coasts of North Africa. Italy has an old natural beauty with tourist attraction places like Colosseum, Lake Como, Canals of Venice, Pompeii etc.
Rome is the capital of Italy which is one of the oldest cities of the country offering great monuments, industrial & fashion centers, literature, music & arts etc. There are around 1500 lakes in Italy. The lakes such as Bolsena and Albano occupy the craters of extinct volcanoes.
The climate of Italy varies as per the city. In the region of north & south, the climate is -2 degree celsius in winter days, 8-degree Celsius in Rome & 20 degrees Celsius in Palermo.